I have two university titles: BA in Legal Translation and BS in Biology, both from the University of the Republic (Uruguay).
Professional experience as Certified Translator
• Member of the Colegio de Traductores Públicos del Uruguay.
• President of the Colegio de Traductores Públicos del Uruguay (2011-2013 and 2013-2015 periods.)
• Member of the American Translators Association (ATA, USA).
• Member of the Institute of Translation and Interpreting (ITI, UK.)
• Member of Tremedica (International Association of Translators and Editors in Medicine and Applied Sciences, USA.)
• University professor of the “Technical and Scientific Translation I” subject at Universidad de Montevideo, Uruguay.
• Lecturing of courses for translators at Universidad de la República, Universidad de Montevideo and Colegio de Traductores Públicos del Uruguay.
• Attendance of annual writing and narrative courses.
• Attendance to training courses on translation and different commercial, legal, and technical subjects.
Professional experience as BS in Biology
• Articles in published in international scientific journals.
• “National Great Award of Medicine” as coauthor of the essay “10.147 Medical Genetic Histories.” Award given jointly by the Education and Culture Ministry and the National Academy of Medicine of Uruguay.
• Former Adjunct Professor of Genetics at the Veterinary School, University of the Republic, Uruguay.
• Attendance to courses and conferences in different scientific subjects.